Losing weight and staying healthy can be very challenging. Staying on track and achieving your goals takes a lot of will-power and determination.
To keep yourself focused on reaching your health and fitness goals, it’s good to constantly remind yourself of the positive steps needed to be successful.
The following is a list of 50 simple ways to help you stay healthy and lose weight.
Print this list out and pin it to your wall.
This way you’ll have a constant reminder of how to stay on track and achieve your goals.
1. Go for a walk every day, even in the rain
2. Eat moderately sized meals and have healthy snacks in between them
3. Throw away your old “fat” clothes when you are too slim for them
4. Add vegetables to your meals
5. Eat a healthy breakfast every day
6. Don’t eat until you are full, save some room
7. Don’t listen to negative self-talk
8. Cut back on caffeine and alcohol
9. Weed out calories you have been overlooking – dressings, condiments, sauces etc.
10. Get enough sleep every night
11. Always eat breakfast
12. Leave the car at home – Cut out short car journeys and walk or cycle instead
13. Drink lots of water at least 2 litres per day and spread out throughout the whole day.
14. Never miss meals
15. Get support from your friends
16. Set goals and stick to them. Rewards when you achieve them, and a telling off when you don’t even bother trying
17. Educate yourself on healthy eating practices
18. Stretch your body every morning
19. Build your muscles to burn calories
20. Never starve yourself
21. Be a chef and create your own healthy dishes and lunch boxes
22. Eat whole grains – replace white rice with brown whole grain rice
23. Learn to love vegetables, especially the green ones. Understand that when you don’t your body isn’t getting all of its nutrients to lose weight.
24. Exercise with friends or join a keep fit group/ Bootcamp
25. Stick to a regular eating schedule
26. Explore new physical activities like rock climbing
27. Don’t be a couch potato
28. Choose fruit for dessert
29. Make a healthy grocery list before shopping
30. Cut back on added unhealthy fats and oils in cooking and spreads
31. Cut out fried foods
32. Control your cravings through regular eating patterns
33. Laugh a lot and be happy – if you’re not, find new ways to do so.
34. Treat yourself when you make good progress
35. Take up swimming
36. Share your meals when eating in restaurants
37. Don’t drink fizzy drinks like Cola and Pepsi – try drinking water for 7 days and see what happens.
38. Cut back on salt
39. Opt for lean meats rather than red meats
40. Try eating some vegetables raw
41. Take baby steps and make dietary changes gradually
42. Eat a balanced diet and don’t focus on just one type of nutrient. Get as many colures as you can
43. Replace fatty snacks with healthy alternatives – no more chocolate bars and crisps; buy rice cakes, nuts and berries instead
44. Don’t give up if you’re not getting results as fast as you’d like – stay healthy and the results will come
45. Get advice from a professional nutritionist
46. Join a health and fitness message board and discuss your goals with other like-minded people
47. Relieve your stress; relaxation is key to good health (I go to the spa and/or get a massage)
48. Read labels before buying groceries
49. Avoid fad diets and crash dieting
50. Write your goals down on paper and hang them on your wall
Keep this list nearby and read it every now and then to keep yourself on the right track!
Whatever your health, weight and fitness goals are, I wish you the best of luck.
Need more help in reaching your goals?
Then join us on The Hot Body Bootcamp starting August 8th to guarantee your success!
Karen : )