With Christmas just around the corner I’m sure that you’re planning a buffet at some point in the next few weeks!
Try these healthy Christmas buffet tips to ensure you stay on the right track over the festive period
475g/15oz dried chickpeas, sprouted and cooked
2 large garlic cloves
3-4 tbsp sesame tahini
4-6 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Warm filtered water (if necessary)
• Place the chickpeas, garlic and 3 tbsp tahini in the bowl of a food processor and
• process 2 or 3 times.
• With the food processor running, add 4 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil, and continue processing until you have a smooth, soft puree.
• If the puree is very, very thick, leave the food processor running and add enough
• warm water to make a puree to the consistency you desire. Taste and adjust the
• seasoning, adding more tahini and lemon juice if desired.
• Transfer to a serving bowl and flatten the hummus except for a slight mount in
• the middle.
• Using your finger, trace indentations away from the middle to the
• outer edge of the bowl.
• Pour the remaining olive oil in the middle of the hummus and it will run down the indentations, creating a nice pattern.
Yogurt Curry dressing
MAKES 250ML/8FL OZ
250ml/8fl oz plain yogurt
1 tsp curry powder
Whisk together the yogurt and curry powder. Refrigerate in an airtight container
for up to 1 week.
MAKES ABOUT 250ML/8FL OZ
2 avocados, peeled, stoned and coarsely chopped
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 garlic clove, diced
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
¼ tsp ground cumin
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth.
Use these healthy buffet alternatives and serve with slices of fresh peppers, carrots, cucumber, celery and baby lettuce leaves.
Stay away from processed foods this party season and go for more natural food choices.
If you want more great recipes like this then why not join the next Hot Body Bootcamp and get the recipe book and a whole lot more included in the body transformation package!
The next boot camp starts Monday 16th January 2012 so BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment and ensure you start 2012 off the right way.