The weather has really took a turn lately it’s bloody freezing!
I love getting all wrapped up and going out for a long walk in the woods/forest when it’s like this, I had my sister staying with me at the weekend and we took her for a long walk to the Hermitage at Dunkeld, http://www.nts.org.uk/Property/Hermitage/, it’s a great place to visit for the whole family.
You can walk for 10 minutes up to 4 hours, make a day of it and take a picnic! I have my cousins coming to stay for a few days this week so we are going to go indoor climbing at Ratho, Edinburgh International Climbing arena, which will be cool!
15 Reasons to Exercise
It’s normal to have days where you just don’t feel like exercising.
You feel too busy, too stressed and quite simply too tired.
And you forget about all the amazing benefits that a consistent and challenging exercise routine gives you. I’m here to remind you. You’re welcome ; )
Here’s a list of 15 of the top reasons to exercise. Pull out this list and read it when you’re having one of those days.
1. To Be Happier
Exercise has been shown to stimulate brain chemicals that induce relaxation and happiness. When you’re having a bad day, lace up your shoes for an invigorating workout and feel happier.
2. To Reduce Disease
Exercise has been proven to reduce the risk of pretty much every single health problem known to man, from stroke to heart disease to cancer and osteoporosis. Exercise is also a great defence against type 2 diabetes, one of the most widely growing diseases of our time.
3. To Look Amazing
Exercise firms your muscles, improves your posture and even makes your skin glow. Looking amazing is a wonderful result of regular exercise. It’s very rewarding when the people in your life start to notice your transformation.
4. To Reach Your Goal Weight
Exercise burns fat and helps you keep it off. If you want to have a leaner, healthier body, exercise is your answer.
5. To Be Energized
Remember that feeling you experience after a great workout? You’re body is buzzing with energy; you’re less easily irritated and feel more peaceful.
6. To Get Better Sleep
Exercise boosts energy levels during the day, but also wears you out. Recovering from a challenging workout will help you relax and reach a deeper level of sleep.
7. To Slow Aging
Regular exercise is one of the most effective ways to slow aging. When you age your body loses muscle and bone, and the loss of both are drastically reduced with regular exercise. You’ll also enjoy a reduction in inflammation.
8. To Lessen Back Pain
In most cases, the most effective thing that you can do for back pain is to move and strengthen those muscles. Always consult your physician or physical therapist for guidance if you have an injury.
9. To Reduce Depression
Studies have shown that exercise is able to reduce depression – sometimes even as effectively as medication. Even if you don’t feel like getting up off the couch to sweat through a workout, remember that you’ll feel happier and more alive once you’ve done it.
10. To Feel Fewer Aches and Pains
When you strengthen the muscles around your damaged joints you’re able to reduce joint pain and overall aches. Remember to always consult your physician before starting an exercise program, especially if you have chronic joint pain.
11. To Improve Memory
Exercise has been proven to improve memory and other cognitive functions, and seems to have a protective effect against dementia. A Harvard University researcher was quoted calling exercise “Miracle-Gro for the brain.”
12. To Enjoy Your Life
Whatever it is that you love in life – your kids, travel, sports, fashion – it is all more enjoyable when you experience it in a fit and healthy body. Find the motivation to exercise so that you’re able to enjoy all the great things in your life.
13. To Have Fewer Sick Days
Studies have shown that people who exercise regularly are 50% less likely to call in sick to work. With a regular exercise program you’ll experience a reduced number of colds and upper respiratory infections.
14. To Burn Calories at Rest
Building your muscles through exercise means that you’ll be burning extra calories even while at rest. You’ll be able to eat more and maintain your ideal weight with ease.
15. To Be Confident
When you are fit, feel healthy and have energy, the natural result is great confidence. There’s no better confidence booster than sticking with a regular exercise program. The results are more than worth your efforts.
Regular exercise gives you so many amazing benefits, as you’ve been reminded from the above list.
Your Top 5 Excuses
I’m calling you out on your favourite excuses for not exercising.
1. You have no time: Do you have time to sit and watch your favourite programs on TV? Take a long hard look at your schedule and find the time. It’s there if you just look for it.
2. You have no energy: This excuse will be a non-issue once you’ve been exercising regularly for a couple of weeks. Your energy will build as you become more fit and active.
3. You have no motivation: Read the above 15 reasons to exercise and find which one motivates you. Do you want to look better? Do you need to fight disease or aches and pains? Find your motivation and run with it.
4. You’ve failed in the past: I get it; past failures are painful to face. But you haven’t really failed until you give up. Don’t give up on yourself! Go out there and do it.
5. You don’t know where to begin: Just begin, that’s the important thing, if you’re not sure start walking while you think about it. You could also come along to one of my classes, join my bootcamp, start a new active hobby like indoor rock climbing, cycling. Anything just do it! Slowly put your excuses down and walk away from them.
Embrace your motivation, and get started.
Quinoa, Rocket and Roasted Veggie Salad
This healthy salad that starts with dark flavourful greens, then adds cooked veggies, creamy goat cheese, some tender quinoa. No dressing required, since all the ingredients pack so much flavour. Next time that you are wondering what to make for dinner, try this Rocket, Quinoa and Warm Vegetable Salad.
Feel free to add a side of grilled or baked chicken breast.
Here’s what you need…
• 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
• 3/4 cup chicken stock
• 1 teaspoon coconut oil
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
• 1 small red onion, chopped
• Salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
• 4 cups organic, baby Rocket
• 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
1. Place the quinoa and chicken broth in a small pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and fluff.
2. In a large skillet, place the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until lightly golden. Add the asparagus and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, until the asparagus is bright green and the onions are translucent. Season with salt and pepper. Add sun dried tomatoes and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
3. In a large salad bowl, combine the Rocket, quinoa, warm veggies and sprinkle with the goat cheese.
4. Serve with a side of grilled or baked chicken breast, or other lean protein.
Mondays – Body Pump FX – 6-7pm & Fitness Yoga & Pilates 7-8pm
Tuesdays – Step & Tone 6-7pm
Wednesdays – Tums, Bums & Thighs 6-7pm
If you’d like a description of the classes then you’ll find that here – http://www.Fitnessfife.com
Live, Love & Laugh a Lot
P.S The Christmas Special Hot Body Bootcamp Kicks off on November 26th if you want to look great and not feel fat and frumpy this festive season then come join The Hot Body Bootcamp http://thehotbodybootcamp.com/book-now/