Eating the right foods to improve your workout is essential for your body. The correct foods will make such a huge difference to your results that you will see.
Perhaps you are looking to lose body fat, improve your strength or tone your muscles, either way you must choose wisely with your foods when you want to improve your workout.
You don’t want to feel sluggish and exhausted so always combine complex carbs with protein, which will fuel your workouts and when this happens you will see the most amazing results not only in your workouts but also with your body.
I’ve put together 5 foods that will set you up for your workouts and give you that extra boost to improve them.
1. Walnuts have a huge amount of omega 3 which works as an anti-inflammatory and has been proven to help boost metabolism and promote weight loss. They can also help with reducing your LDL levels (bad cholesterol). Mix 6 walnuts with some 0% fat Greek yoghurt for a great snack.
2. Greek yogurt is extremely high in protein in comparison to your everyday natural yogurt, due to the time spent straining the yoghurt when making it. It’s extremely kind on your stomach which makes it a perfect food to improve your workout and repair your muscles after a workout. Add nuts or fruit to a small bowl of Greek yoghurt for an extra energy kick.
3. Bananas have high potassium content. Have you ever suffered from muscle cramps? If you have then potassium can help with this, a medium banana contains 400 milligrams of potassium. They are also packed full of energizing carbs. Enjoy with a small handful of almonds.
4. Berries are in the top 20 list of richest foods in antioxidants. Whether you eat blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries they are all an excellent source of nutrients. Berries pack a powerful nutritional punch with a high ratio of vitamins and minerals. Some studies have linked the regular ingestion of berries with the prevention of cancer, enhancement of the immune system, sharpening of memory and mental acuteness, and a slow-down of the aging process. They can also protect your muscles from free radical damage after you have exercised. Mix a handful of berries into your oatmeal.
5. Carrots are a complex carb that provide energy to your muscles. They also contain potassium which controls your blood pressure. Each carrot is packed with vitamins and minerals that can help promote fat loss. They also provide more than 200% of your recommended daily allowance of vitamin A, which is an important nutrient for a healthy functioning body. Enjoy carrots with two tablespoons of organic hummus.
These foods contain so many nutrients and vitamins that they will not only improve your workout but are essential for your body’s wellbeing too.