When you get to that time of day where you’re starting to look around for a little snack to fend off the pre-lunch hunger pangs. To protect you from the lure of those naughty chocolate bars, crisps and cakes, I thought my top 5 healthy snacks might come in handy!
Try these healthy eating snacks
1. Nuts. Nuts provide numerous health benefits, as long as they are eaten in moderation. A handful or two of your favourite nuts, particularly walnuts and plain almonds are great for your body and provides healthy fats. Nuts have been proven to lower your risk for heart disease by up to 35%!
2. Fruit. You can’t go wrong with some fruit! Throw some nuts into the mix and you have a real winner.
3. Veggies & Hummus. Pairing your favourite vegetable with a few tablespoons of hummus is an excellent snack idea. Carrots, celery, pepper and cucumbers all go well with hummus and contain many essential vitamins and nutrients that your body needs.
4. Almond butter. Although calorific, so only a few teaspoons at a time, has been one of my best friends. It’s a good source of mono-unsaturated fats, which help to lower cholesterol.
5. Live Greek yoghurt. Not only is this snack easy, but it provides calcium, Vitamin D, and beneficial bacteria for you tum. Some yoghurts contain sucrose, or sugar, so try to buy organic, plain and unsweetened. If you want to go one better choose goats yoghurt, it’s much better for you.
Karen : )