With the summer sun finally starting to shine in the UK I thought I’d share with you a fantastic salad recipe that is not only packed with nutritional benefits but also doubles as a salsa!
The perfect summer salad for lunches, picnics, BBQ’s and parties.
• 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans
• 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
• 1 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
• 1 large white onion, peeled and finely diced
• 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
• 2 large plum tomatoes, cored and diced
• 1 large avocado peeled and diced
• ½ fresh lime (juice)
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
• 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
Perfect served with some chopped baby spinach or a handful of flat leaf parsley.
Place all ingredients into a large bowl, toss together, serve and enjoy!